How to install Windows 7 on USB3 flash drive
- Insert flash drive into USB2 port and format NTFS (with mark partition as Active).
- Download WAIK, Supplement for SP1 and install these.
( xcopy E:\ “C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools” /ERDY )
- NT6_Fast_Installer.zip download from rmprepusb.com (some modified ver.)
- Set Windows 7 installation DVD (or ISO image mount)
- Go step by step via this tutrial (special thanks)
- After finishing installation on flash drive, reboot machine.
- Check BIOS (UEFI) bootable devices.
- If you have succeed to boot from USB flash drive, install USB3 driver manually.
- Open Device Manager, go “Universal Serial Bus controllers” and open the USB3 driver installed. In my case, the driver is “ASMedia XHCI Controller”.
- Open Details tab, check what’s Value of Service Property. For example, ”asmtxhci”.
- Also check USB3 Root Hub. In my case, driver name is “USB Root Hub” and Service prorerty is “asmthub3”.
- Run Regedit, go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\asmtxhciand add new DWORD name “BootFlags" value "4".
- Set also…
- Shutdown Windows, remove USB flash, insert it into USB3 port and start up.
- Windows is welcome!